A growing dislike of mine at the moment is the predilection that many marketers have for putting a video on their sales pages in which they read their sales page. Worse, these videos not only tend to start automatically, they do not have the facility for fast forwarding.
I have spotted a few videos that I would have liked to watch (my failing eye sight is the only reason for this) but they always put me off because of the formulaic manner of their creation.
The basic formula is as follows:-
- I do not know how you got to this page
- proof (sic) of earnings
- I was once poor like you
- I now live in the same big house driving the same expensive car that a hundred other marketers live in and drive
- I spent years looking for the right method for me
- there was an instant when I realised I had ‘cracked’ it – I had a system to build my list, make $10,000 a day, all on autopilot
- I want to give something back so even though you will be making $10,000 a day, I am letting you have my fabulous system for only $47
- when you buy my system to make $10,000 a day I will ‘sweeten the pot’ by giving you the roogoo guide to making money on line(?), building your list(?) and how to set up your own sales funnel(?). Each of these bonuses is worth at least $97 (but if what they are selling does what they claim, why would you want them?)!
If these people had pleasant or engaging voices, there would not be such a problem but I wonder if any of them bother to preview what they have produced. There is one set of videos that I down loaded free (I could afford them) and they do contain some very valuable basic information on affiliate marketing. The trouble is, it is very difficult to stay awake while watching them because the narator’s voice is so soporific.
Please guys, find a new formula and make your videos watchable.